Need help re: TurnX incubator

crtrlovr

Still chillin' with my peeps
Mar 13, 2008
East South Central (West KY)
Hey! I bought a used Lyon Turn-x R6 incubator that didn't have a manual or instructions. Can someone who has one or has used one tell me some specifics about how far the bottle is supposed to be screwed into the blue fitting, and anything else that might be pertinent? It powers up, fan works, and thermostat works; unit is cycling on/off, maintaining temp. I've got some BBRed bantam and some newly acquired silkie eggs (from newly acquired silkies!
big_smile.png
) that I'm itching to put in there... Need some guidance though! Help me pleeeze....
big_smile.png
fl.gif
bow.gif
*begging, not worshiping!*
smile.png

We also have one of those. Ours is about 2 by 2 . They are great. You can go to lyons.com and print an owners manual. That might not be the exact web address, but it's something like that.

Natalie

I have three of them so I am getting to be somewhat of an expert on how they work. First thing I would do with the water bottle is mark on top with a sharpie as to which direction you need to turn it to allow more water into the base. (Very helpful when you do not want to open it when you want to close LOL)
Each one will vary, but it seems that generally 4-5 rings (the bumps on the actual bottle where you screw it to the nut) is what you want exposed to reach about 50-55%. Meaning when the bottle of water is on, look at it from the side, how many white rings do you see above the blue nut? Does that make sense? Sometimes, the thickness of plastic of the actual bottle opening seems to make a difference in how many rings you need to open. I have had a very small opening in some of my bottles so I have enlarged them with a knife. Make sure you put a good hygrometer in there first before you set eggs. one or two, to check them against each other is a good rule. Also used Distilled water, it will make the wick in your wet bulb (if you are using one) last longer. Also duct tape the blue nut to the base, it will keep you from knocking it about and adding extra water to the base when you do not want to.

Here are two pics, the firs tone shows 5 rings, the second, 6.
2172009003.jpg

2172009004-1.jpg

Oh you can go to my website and read up there, I have kind of an instruction manual of my experiences with the Lyons.

Last edited:
This one has the main incubator blue base & clear top housing with fan, a wire screen w/ a wire "spoke" assembly, a clear side ring, a bottle, and a blue nut that the bottle screws into. It does not fasten onto the blue base (is it supposed to?), and there is no wick. Is there supposed to be?

No the bottle and nut will not attach to the base, it just sits in the hole. Duct tape it to the base to keep it from getting knocked over or off.

The wick is for the Thermometer that would normally go in the center into the water channel. What are you using for a thermometer and hygrometer?

Also, you did not mention that you have a auto turner- black box that goes on the side. If you do not, cover the outlet that is in the top of the dome with duct tape. Otherwise, it will let out your humidity through that hole. Some people say it doesn't but everyone I have had does if its not in use.

Back
Top Bottom