Need Help! Rescued a Quail Chick!

KamJoe

Hatching
Oct 22, 2018
Hey folks,

Sorry to ask by I need some advice here. So I rescued this quail hatchling and while it was very lively yesterday I find it to be very sleepy and for what I assume to be a long time. I’ve provided the correct temperature in the back of his little box, some food that the pet shop gave me especially for birds hatchlings and clean water. I first had to feed him some small ants since I had no ‘emergency’ food at the time of his rescue. He doesn’t seem to feed himself at all even though I have dispersed some proper food around him. Now the problem is that all it does since 12 hours now is sleeping. So right now I gave him a little bit of water which he drank, tried to feed him (without success except from a couple of ants).

So the questions: How long does a baby quail sleep? Could he be sick? He was exposed to the outside medium 25 Celsius until I found it.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanking you in anticipation.

Thank you I’ll try the egg thing. I do not have a heat lamp nor can I find one in the area but I did put a normal lamp in the back of his box and I mesured the temperature with a IR Gun so it’s indeed at 93-98 degrees.

Thank you I’ll try the egg thing. I do not have a heat lamp nor can I find one in the area but I did put a normal lamp in the back of his box and I mesured the temperature with a IR Gun so it’s indeed at 93-98 degrees.

Edit: He has access to water but be doenst seem to roam at all in his box.

Here are 2 pics of him. He stays in that position and sometime take his head up in a rapid spams. I’m kind of worried I’m waiting for the eggs to be ready.

Attachments

• 40AF852B-9FC8-4371-A4D7-B15444479841.jpeg
    40AF852B-9FC8-4371-A4D7-B15444479841.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 11
  • B3BB71FA-0ACD-43D9-A2BD-DD1002BB182B.jpeg
    B3BB71FA-0ACD-43D9-A2BD-DD1002BB182B.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 11
ok, as long as he stays warm. can you get pics of him? he may be a quail that is hand fed my his mom...

Back
Top Bottom