Need Help! Serama cockerel Very Sluggish(Photos)

LuvBantums

Songster
Jul 7, 2017
North Carolina
I have noticed for a few days that my little boy is not acting right. He's acting sluggish with what looks like greenish diarrhea. He's doing his everyday routine eating drinking fighting and fornicating but he is not well and this one has stumped me. I have been treating with Corid to all my birds for 4 days. I'm doing this as precaution. We've had so much rain this season that their outside area has been flooded more than once. I've tried to clean this area as much as possible but they have been exposed to some of the nasty water and ground which had old food droppings etc. I even covered up a lot with boards to walk on. Now it's hot humid and if I don't get this taken care of all will get something. Can anyone help with might be going on with him and a treatment I can do for the rest as well? Also I checked his crop and it seems a little hard and very full. Thank you.

Attachments

• 0417191217.jpg
    0417191217.jpg
    574.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 0417191217a.jpg
    0417191217a.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 7
Can you take some stool samples to your vet for testing?

Check his crop again first thing in the morning before he eats/drinks - it should be empty. If it's still full and hard, then he has a crop problem.

Can you take some stool samples to your vet for testing?

Check his crop again first thing in the morning before he eats/drinks - it should be empty. If it's still full and hard, then he has a crop problem.
You have always been there for me and I'm truly sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. Major problems all at once. He did pass the next day and I'm still at a loss for his problem. I get so heartbroken when I loose one of my babies and I thank you so much for always being there for me and my babies.
I do have another problem and I hope nothing else is going to happen. If you think I should post a new post on the forum, that's fine. If you might can help me I will explain the other problem I'm having with one of my pullets. Again thank you for being there!! You are awesome!!! BTW where do you live?

You have always been there for me and I'm truly sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. Major problems all at once. He did pass the next day and I'm still at a loss for his problem. I get so heartbroken when I loose one of my babies and I thank you so much for always being there for me and my babies.
I do have another problem and I hope nothing else is going to happen. If you think I should post a new post on the forum, that's fine. If you might can help me I will explain the other problem I'm having with one of my pullets. Again thank you for being there!! You are awesome!!! BTW where do you live?
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost him and that you are struggling :hugs

You can post here about your other problem if you wish. I'll try to help the best I can.

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost him and that you are struggling :hugs

You can post here about your other problem if you wish. I'll try to help the best I can.
I have a serama pullet that seems just not well. I did take a photo of her poop and to me it looks like what bile would look like. She is eating, but not really that much. Really haven't seen her drink. She has not laid at all and she is around 7 months. Her hatch mate has already laid a full clutch weeks ago. I'm stumped again.

Attachments

• 0429191510b.jpg
    0429191510b.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 2
  • 0429191511.jpg
    0429191511.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 0429191510c.jpg
    0429191510c.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 2
I have a serama pullet that seems just not well. I did take a photo of her poop and to me it looks like what bile would look like. She is eating, but not really that much. Really haven't seen her drink. She has not laid at all and she is around 7 months. Her hatch mate has already laid a full clutch weeks ago. I'm stumped again.
What do you feed?
Can you take a poop sample for testing of worms and Coccidiosis?

Back
Top Bottom