Need help sexing Silver Laced Wyandotte Bantams!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RingneckParrot, Oct 8, 2012.

1. RingneckParrot

RingneckParrot Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2012
    Sydney, NSW
    Hi, I have just recently (about a week ago) bought two little SLW bantams at 15 weeks old. I assumed that they were both pullets and didn't think to ask. Now I am not so sure...One has a bigger, pinker comb and waddles then the other and has less feathering and more down on the body near the tail. He/she also has a much smaller tail and not as much lacing as the other. Also, i'm not sure if this also counts, but he/she also seems to be a bit more adventerous and braver than the other and is slightly harder to catch... They are both quite tame and very loveable so I would be very heart-broken if I have to give one away... [​IMG]I would really appreiciate if someone could give me some pointers on how to tell their genders...? I will post some photos soon.[​IMG]
    Thanks!!! [​IMG]

2. RingneckParrot

Oct 8, 2012
    Sydney, NSW
    [​IMG]

Here they are: the one i'm not sure about is on the left and the other is on the right. [​IMG]

3. RingneckParrot

Oct 8, 2012
    Sydney, NSW
    Anybody...?

4. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Sorry no one posted, It looks to me like a male and female. but need a side shot for better comparison.

5. patty12

patty12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    the bird on the left could be male but maybe not look for pointy feather growing just behind the fail, pointy feather means male.feather round on the end female.

6. DanEP

DanEP Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Cadiz Ky
    2 girls If they were cockerels at 15 weeks you'd know.

7. Smoochie

Smoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    CANADA
    Pullets. One is just maturing quicker than the other..

8. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    We need to see a side picture. The one on the left very well could be a boy, but I can't be sure from just that picture. Wyandottes generally grow slowly-we've had young rooster take 8-9 months until you could tell what they were...they didn't crow at that time, just based on saddle/hackle feathering.

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    From that shot, they both look like girls to me.

10. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    I would say the same thing, And what I can see on the wings, is there is no difference or cluster of white like a roos. But the one on the left has thinner lacing, and more developed comb, but the other one has wattles already showing too... Thats why I want to see a side shot to make sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by