Need help sexing Welsh Harlequin

BigMaggot

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2019
Greetings fellas, first time duck owner here. I have an 8 1/2 week old Welsh harlequin. I got them when they were 2 days old, and was told they were a male, but I’m sort of conflicted because I read that you can determine the sex by bill colour when they’re young, and they had a female bill. I also heard that you can tell when they’re 5-8 weeks by their voice, but again I’m not really sure because I can’t compare voices.
Over the weeks I have noticed that their head darkened and legs turned a bit more orange though.

Here’s a photo from today:
upload_2019-9-8_13-56-42.jpeg

And here’s a photo from when they were 2 days old:
upload_2019-9-8_13-59-16.png

Thanks! Btw I don’t care about the gender, I just want to know for sure.

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-8_13-57-30.png
    upload_2019-9-8_13-57-30.png
    4 MB · Views: 4
Greetings fellas, first time duck owner here. I have an 8 1/2 week old Welsh harlequin. I got them when they were 2 days old, and was told they were a male, but I’m sort of conflicted because I read that you can determine the sex by bill colour when they’re young, and they had a female bill. I also heard that you can tell when they’re 5-8 weeks by their voice, but again I’m not really sure because I can’t compare voices.
Over the weeks I have noticed that their head darkened and legs turned a bit more orange though.

Here’s a photo from today:View attachment 1902568

And here’s a photo from when they were 2 days old:View attachment 1902573

Thanks! Btw I don’t care about the gender, I just want to know for sure.

Beautiful duck!! My guess would be female...only because I'm not seeing a curly tail feather. Voice sexing is much more accurate though. Girls are pretty loud with their quacks. There are several YouTube videos that demonstrate the difference really well.

Back
Top Bottom