Need help sexing Wyandottes

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Goose and Fig, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    These 3 are about 9 weeks old. I'm guessing the black one is a roo- it's the only one with wattles (sp?) as of now. It's been a while since I had young wyandottes- the comb is not too familiar to me. Any guesses?

[​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#3 (sorry- little bugger wouldn't stand still. Think this is a roo.
    [​IMG]

2. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    the first looks like a cockerel the second a pullet and third cockerel.
    Thats my opinion.

3. chicken truck

chicken truck Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2009
    Columbiana, Alabama
    boy, girl, boy

4. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    girl,girl,boy

5. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    You really dont want them!! go ahead and ship them to me [​IMG] theyll be just fine here

[​IMG]

6. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Quote:I can help, too – I'll take the first two. Are those BLUE LACED REDS!?!?!? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Beautiful chicks!

7. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Oh it took me so long to track these guys down. I had NO luck with eggs. They're all BLRW. If at least one is a girl, I'll be happy [​IMG]

8. bibliophile birds

bibliophile birds Chillin' With My Peeps

the last one looks just like my 2 that i'm pretty sure are boys. the others i would hazard to guess are girls, but i'm very new to this.

i want BLRW SOOOOO BAD!!! [​IMG] i got gold-laced this first go round because i like their body conformation so much, but i want BLRW in the spring or else! maybe if you get some hatching eggs out of these i could purchase a few? [​IMG]

9. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Quote:Oh, where did you get them? I want BLRW so bad! I'm already longing for next spring.... [​IMG] The last one, though, looks a bit like a GLW. I'm not sure, though. [​IMG]

10. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Oh, where did you get them? I want BLRW so bad! I'm already longing for next spring.... [​IMG] The last one, though, looks a bit like a GLW. I'm not sure, though. [​IMG]

Wow- now that you mentioned it- it does look like a GLW in the pic. He's supposed to be BLRW though- so he could have splash, black, or blue lacing. You can tell when you pick him up- he's more of a smoky blue-black and red. I got them from a member in GA that hatched them, but doesn't raise them. He said they are from the Barber line.
    I'd like to sell eggs/chicks if I have a pair or trio- but I'd need to build another coop. Too many breeds goin on here [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by