Need help showing Millie Fluer D’uccles!

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the SOP' started by CaramelKittey, May 18, 2019.

1. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Crowing

Feb 15, 2019
    New Jersey
    Hi!

If I post this in the wrong thread, feel free to let me know! If I did post this in the wrong thread, I am truly sorry. If I am in the right thread you can ignore this message. Thank you!

I have had my two Millie Fluer D’uccles for two months and they are so sweet! They come right up to me when I walk in, and make the cutest noises while doing so! My sister and I (she has two Millie Fluer D'uccles as well) have been practicing with our D’uccles and they will let us do pretty much anything to them. The problem is, I’m not sure what to do with them! I’ve looked up the ABA for information about showing them, and have not found any information.

If you know how to show Millie Fluers, please let me know. Thank you so much if you do! I am going to be showing these within the 4-H program however, I still need to learn the ABA rules.
    Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance!

HuffleClaw likes this.
  2. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw Addicted to Birds

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama
  3. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    Hello!
    I show Mille Fleur d'Uccles. When it comes to showing, calm is good. The calmer, the better.
    When judging, the judge will handle the bird. He/she is going to hold the bird in one hand, and use the other to manipulate the bird so he/she can examine it. The judge will check the head, tapping the beak to move the head. The judge will extend each wing to check feather count and quality. He/she will run his/her hand backwards along the back to fluff the feathers and check undercolor. The judge will run his/her fingers down the bird's back on both sides to check length of back. For this, the judge will probably hold the bird so that the head points down.

If you can, try to get your bird used to these motions.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  4. cleoandtheflock

cleoandtheflock Songster

Jan 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Hello caramelkitty!

Posture is an important part of d’Uccles when they are shown you want them to hold their heads up and have a nice U going down their neck to the tail tip

Most of there time they need to have their tails fanned the more they fan their tails the better so try to get them used to fanning them

The judges will hold them with one hand why the use the other hand to examine the bird

Everything else Cyprus already said so have fun showing them

Do you have any pictures of them?

CaramelKittey, Cyprus and HuffleClaw like this.
  5. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Crowing

Feb 15, 2019
    New Jersey
    Thank you so much!

I will definitely practice these motion with my babies! Thank you so much! This was so helpful! :wee

HuffleClaw and Cyprus like this.
  6. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Crowing

Feb 15, 2019
    New Jersey
    Hi!
    Thank you so much for helping out! I will practice fanning their tails along with the motions Cyprus told me I could practice. I have pictures of them that I took a few days ago. Here are some...
    2CFF56E0-4CA8-44C7-9B66-E68032E3A706.jpeg
    (Sage, Rosemary, Twilight #1)
    9EF4F3ED-B68F-4F25-A3FC-2B6CA92C9FC4.jpeg
    (Twilight #2)
    47D6A1AC-CA80-4C6B-B334-8A7C2489A573.jpeg
    (Twilight #3)
    B70BE8AD-0934-4BFA-B991-816ABD4128DF.jpeg
    (Rosemary, Sage, Comet’s head #4)

Thanks again!

HuffleClaw and Cyprus like this.
  7. cleoandtheflock

cleoandtheflock Songster

Jan 16, 2019
    Georgia
    Rosemary, sage, comet, and twilight are adorable

How old are they?

CaramelKittey, Cyprus and HuffleClaw like this.
  8. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Crowing

Feb 15, 2019
    New Jersey
    Hi!

Thank you! They are 8-9 weeks old. I have noticed that my friend’s D’uccles and my D’uccles make the cutest noises! They sound like Star Wars ships lol! They are so much fun!

Thank you for all of your help!

cleoandtheflock and Cyprus like this.
  9. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Crowing

Feb 15, 2019
    New Jersey
    I forgot to mention that the chicks in my profile picture are Rosemary and Sage at 4 days old!

Thank you!

Cyprus likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: