Need Help/suggestions on incubator to use in Elem. school

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shay0903, Apr 12, 2011.

1. shay0903

shay0903 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2011
    Hello, my sister who is a kindergarten teacher was told today by the county fire marshall she (as well as ALL the other teachers in the county) can no longer use the Little Giant Incubators sold at TSC and other various places. The reasoning is it is a fire hazard because the incubator does not have a UL listing tag on the cord to say that it is safe. 1) Does anyone have any suggestions on an inexpensive incubator comparable to this one that has a UL sticker? Thankfully he did not make her remove it right then (he could have told her this) but told her after this time she can't use it again. To me it, incubating eggs and seeing life begin is a very important lesson to these small children and would hate to see it end. My sister spoke with the company customer service and they are not planning to manufacture such in the new future and offered no suggestions. Thanks for everyones help in advance!!

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Both my Hova Bators and my LG have the UL sticker, I wonder if someone took them off of hers.

3. shay0903

Feb 25, 2011
    Hummmm the Fire Marshall was aware that this paticular type had none because he said every school in the county he had been to, they all had the same brand.And he specifically asked if anyone was using incubators in the school. My sister always does hers around Easter. BUT....this has me curious. Which type of LG do you own? Maybe the company would be willing to trade out or exchange for the sake of the school systems and the fact that educational money was used to purchase them. Can you tell me the model LG you own and where you purchased it? Oh and where is it located at- on the cord? Thanks !!

4. SDpeafowl

SDpeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Dakota
  5. shay0903

Feb 25, 2011
    I looked at this and it would be great. And it DOES have a UL label or listing on it? Thanks!

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by