Need help telling what my chicks might be.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Diamond Peno, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Diamond Peno

Diamond Peno New Egg

Mar 27, 2015
    Emporium PA
    These are the chicks I am having problems being able to tell. there are few different ones they look like but am not for sure. maybe yall can help. The 1st 2 are regular chickens the rest are suppose to be Bantams.

2 regular chicks I think both rosters...They look to be Golden Comets, but not for sure... when they get a tad older I can usually tell if rosters or not.
    [​IMG]

1st Which chick. Suppose to be a bantam
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd White chick has blue/grey legs and sorta puffy cheeks... suppose to be a bantam Has more of a rose comb.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the Black chicks which are suppose to be bantams but I think they are just small breeds of chickens but not sure what they are...
    [​IMG]

1st Black chick
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2nd black chick all black
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Chick 3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black chick 4
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my 3 speckled faced ones I call them
    [​IMG]

Brown bantam with speckled face
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black bantam with speckled face
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

gray/silver speckled faced bantam
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my stripped heads I call them
    [​IMG]

1st stripped head chick
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2nd stripped head chick
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  4. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    It's hard to tell.... I agree with @BantamLover21 on the first 3, and I think the reddish black ones are black sexlinks (which can also be partridged, see photo below), but they could be partridged rocks too. The last 5 are all look like Easter Eggers, and the solid black one may be a EE as well.

[​IMG]

This hen looked just like your reddish black chicks when she was young. She is a black sexlink, and very good layer.
    Enjoy your chickies!

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree with Bantamlover21's guesses.

6. Diamond Peno

Diamond Peno New Egg

Mar 27, 2015
    Emporium PA
    Thank you all. I was thinking that the Easter eggers were what the spotty and stripped ones where.
    The ones I said Golden comets My one roster was that color when he was that big and then he transformed to white...I have 2 Production Reds (hens as chicks already and they look nothing like them)
    The black ones were marked straight run...
    The one white I was thinking Japanese bantam too but is has light cream/tan markings
    So dose the other white one...
    these are what the 2 large ones the very 1st picture is of when I got them and another pic of them now. I at 1st though a buff or a mix but they really look a lot different from little to know.. like A LOT lol. I can usually find chick pictures and tell what I got or what things could be but this year I am stumped lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Diamond Peno

Diamond Peno New Egg

Mar 27, 2015
    Emporium PA
    I will be updating them as they get older and develop an looking up more and more on them to be sure. and of course share their pictures :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by