Need help to find things…

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ctptcha, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Ctptcha

Ctptcha Chirping

Sep 15, 2013
    Hello everybody,
    I am hatching my first batch of pekin duck eggs this weekend with a new Janoel(old version) 12 egg incubator. I was wondering how many pekin duck eggs you can fit in the egg turner? Also, if you guys know any good places to buy duckling food in the UK, please don't hesitate to give suggestions!! Thanks!

2. Duck egg's are normally a bit bigger then chicken egg's so I would try to fit them all in ....

Do you have a picture of the incubator you are writing about ????

1 person likes this.
  3. Ctptcha

Ctptcha Chirping

Sep 15, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope you can see those pictures. I have read on the Internet that I can fit 9 eggs but I am not sure yet. Thanks for answering!!!!!!!!

4. Oh you are going to turn by hand so you need to be very careful and not let cool breeze get on the egg's and a good way is to put a large towel over you and the incubator or put the incubator in the bathroom where you can turn on the hot water and raise the humidity so as not to dry out the egg's and I thing you are only going to get 8 at the most as the warm air will need to circulate around the egg's but if you can get 9 go for it ............

5. [​IMG]
    Our Bob & Aflack [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some of the baby's [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mixing in with the flock [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the ducklings snoozing with a gosling [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The day you will be looking for ..... [​IMG]

gander007 [​IMG]

6. Ctptcha