Need help to ID new ladies

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Aliciahess, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Aliciahess

Aliciahess Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2014
    Vancouver, WA
    Hi everyone. Here are some of the new hens I got. Not sure what breed they are. Can someone help?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    First guess was RSL and Blue Orpingtons. Can you get a better shot of the top bird's body? Leg color is a good clue at identifying breeds too. If the top bird, is the yellow one in the bottom pic I would change my guess to Buff Orpington. Buff Orpingtons have white legs traditionally.

3. Aliciahess

Aug 11, 2014
    Vancouver, WA
    Top bird is the same as bottom. What does rep stand for?

4. Aliciahess

Aug 11, 2014
    Vancouver, WA
    Stupid auto correct. Meant rsl...looked it up and got it. Thanks for the help.

5. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    Pretty sure you have a buff and two blue Orpingtons.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The hen in the front looks like a Buff Orpington and the two in the back are both Blue Orpingtons, but can you get a clearer pic of the bird behind the Buff Orpington in front (top pic). Because the comb looks funky, like it might be a pea comb, and the leg looks greenish, I'm thinking you have an Easter Egger.

7. Aliciahess

Aug 11, 2014
    Vancouver, WA
    I can tomorrow. I thought she was an Americauna?
    She is molting now...looks scrawny. Lol

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    True Ameraucanas all have slate blue legs. Easter Eggers, which are produced by crossing Ameraucanas with other breeds to produce offspring that lay eggs in colors other than just blue, often have greenish legs. Hatcheries frequently and incorrectly market their Easter Eggers as Ameraucanas (often misspelled as Americana or Americauna). There is a good article at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html explaining the difference between Araucanas, Ameraucanas, and Easter Eggers.

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The blue birds are probably Blue Orpingtons. The buff bird is a hatchery quality Buff Orpington. The bird behind the Buff Orpington in the first photo is an Easter Egger.

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by