need help trying to find out what kind of ducks my son has

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kiki989_lpa, Jun 26, 2010.

1. kiki989_lpa

kiki989_lpa New Egg

Jun 26, 2010
    my son got some ducks from a man that is grandma works with now he want to take his duck to the fair but i have no idea what kind of ducks these are.. now i have to find out how to post pictures.. lol sorry new to this

2. animalloverabh

animalloverabh Allons-y, Alonso

lol to post pictures go to photobucket get an account, then upload ther URLs to the post
    and [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  3. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    I just use the photo uploader here. Click uploads (up on the blue bar) upload your pic and copy and paste the url. Easy peasy.

4. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Are they show-quality ducks? It isn't quit as easy as catching a duck, putting it in a cage, and entering it in the fair. Maybe you already know this, but I didn't know for sure. [​IMG]

5. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:Actually, depending on where you live, it is that easy. There are two fairs in the county I live in every summer, and I can count all the families that exhibit poultry at them (including my family) on one hand - all the other ducks that are entered (besides mine) are always Pekins or Rouens from McMurray Hatchery or home-bred mutts. Most of my ducks aren't "show quality", but they bring home plenty of blue ribbons, and my younger sisters have a blast showing them! [​IMG]

6. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    Most of my ducks aren't "show quality", but they bring home plenty of blue ribbons, and my younger sisters have a blast showing them!

I'm so glad that some shows allow this--especially for children.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by