need help trying to find out what kind of ducks my son has

kiki989_lpa

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
my son got some ducks from a man that is grandma works with now he want to take his duck to the fair but i have no idea what kind of ducks these are.. now i have to find out how to post pictures.. lol sorry new to this

lol to post pictures go to photobucket get an account, then upload ther URLs to the post
and
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I just use the photo uploader here. Click uploads (up on the blue bar) upload your pic and copy and paste the url. Easy peasy.

Are they show-quality ducks? It isn't quit as easy as catching a duck, putting it in a cage, and entering it in the fair. Maybe you already know this, but I didn't know for sure.
smile.png

Quote:
Actually, depending on where you live, it is that easy. There are two fairs in the county I live in every summer, and I can count all the families that exhibit poultry at them (including my family) on one hand - all the other ducks that are entered (besides mine) are always Pekins or Rouens from McMurray Hatchery or home-bred mutts. Most of my ducks aren't "show quality", but they bring home plenty of blue ribbons, and my younger sisters have a blast showing them!
smile.png

Most of my ducks aren't "show quality", but they bring home plenty of blue ribbons, and my younger sisters have a blast showing them!

I'm so glad that some shows allow this--especially for children.​

Back
Top Bottom