Need help understanding how this works Please reply

newbiechickenowner

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Georgia, VT
OK...I have been on here for a year, but am still very confused on a couple of points. I can only find my posts by going under profile and then posts. HOW CAN I find posts that I have responded to to keep track? I go under recent posts (of other people)and find something from someone that I feel I can reply to with some useful info. Then, I can't find it ever again. I can't find any of the threads that I have replied to. How do you do this? I would also like to be able to change my user name as I don't want to be "newbiechickenowner" forever as I am not getting farther along....is this possible? Also, under recent posts, it never lists in the same order...why is this? So, I find something that I want to reply to and then I reply and it is gone.... Thank so much for the help

Quote:
Hello. I think I can shed some light on your questions for you.

When you reply to a topic with a comment of your own, you can track that topic/thread. Click on the topic, then click on "Post Reply". Then type in your comment. When you go to the bottom of the page, BEFORE you click "submit", you will see just above the "Submit" button a "Subscribe to this topic" box. Click on "subscribe to this topic". You will then find your comment/post in your "Subscribed topics" list in your profile.

To get to your "Subscribed Topics", click on "Profile" and then "Show all topics" and then "Show your subscribed topics" (which is in the far bottom, left hand corner of the page). That will show you all of the topics you have subscribed to. If you just want to watch a thread without posting a comment on it yourself, you can also "subscribe" to it and it will show up in your Subscribed Topics list for you to find again another time.

You will also find a list of the threads that you have posted a comment to when you go into your Profile, then click on "Show all Topics and then "Show Your Posts". Voila!

A third way to find YOUR comments/posts, is to go into your Profile, then click on "Show All Posts", which will show each comment/post you have made in chronological order from newest to oldest.

I'm not certain, but I think you can change your username by contacting a moderator or administrator with your request. I believe it can be done.

As for "recent posts": the reason it never lists the topics in the same order is because when a new comment is added to the thread, the topic goes to the top of the "recent posts" list, which changes constantly.

I hope this helps.
smile.png

There are links to all that info at the very bottom left of the Recent Posts page. No need to go through Profile.

Back
Top Bottom