Need Help---- What Do Typical Gold Sex Links........

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lovemychicks9, Jul 9, 2008.

1. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    What do most Gold Sex Link Pullet chicks look like? Does any one have any pics of them they can share? The reason I ask is I have 2 - 2 1/2 week old pullets and they look very different. One looks like it is turnong into a golden comet and the other looks like it is one of the oh so typical light ( like a butter color) Easter Yellow chicks. She is a really light yellow and not much else color wise. The two of them look quite different, but pretty so is there any one way that Gold Sex Links are supposed to look or how many different variations can there be? Thanks Trudy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Your buttery chick is probably a golden comet too- some don't show the gold gene as emphatically and keep a buff body color. You can see mine in the home page link below, and Tibet, in my avatar is still light at 8 weeks. I'm so pleased with them, no losses and growing fast!

I've put some 8 week photos in this thread, too.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  3. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Thanks so much Lynne, I am so thrilled with my luck to get these girls. Sunny is such a light shade of yellow and so sweet and Honey is just so pretty. I had wanted so bad to get some comets and did not know that this is what they are. Don't you know that I will be ordering many more real soon ! thanks again Trudy

4. Kessidy

Kessidy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    This is my GSL
    At 3 1/2 weeks
    [​IMG]
    and when she was younger
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by