NEED help/which wheaten/blue amerecaunas do I ship off?????????

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
Problem I am having is it looks like some of my chicks are coloring in a greyish blue/ is this the bluewheaten amerecaunas and if so do the girls have blue on them too?? or would they just be cream- if so.. I have a ton of roos then.

Still trying to figure out which are girls and boys.. I absolutely get that the dark..dark ones.. are boys
but then their are about 6 that are.. blueish colored./grey.. and dont know if their roos or hens????
Please tell me which are what? Someone here from BYC I am going to ship off the roos too... and really.. want to keep the girls for me

So pleaaaaaaaaaasee... which are girls and which are boys.. so I dont pack up the wrong ones

Please answer the questions for me, this will help me soooooooooo much

#1 Photo~In this photo is the one on the left??? a blue wheaten roo?? and the one on the right a girl?????
may2011064.jpg

#2 Photo~Is this a blue/wheaten amerecauna roo?
may2011057.jpg

#3 Photo~The one that is blotchy with the darker colors- is that roo??/blue wheaten roo?? and the two /in the middle and to the right.. are those blue wheaten girls then?or are these all roos???????????????????
may2011062.jpg

#4 Photo~Diagnolly starting from upper top LEFT.. AND GOING DOWN TO DIAGNOL RIGHT/EXCLUDING THE FAVORELLE ROO IN MIDDLE
is then and please correct me if I am wrong-
blotchy one upper top Left- WOULD THIS BE A BLUE WHEATEN ROO???
moving down diagnoly girl wheaten
Then exluding the favorelle roo/ would that middle one be a girl- she /he is a blueish color but not as blotchy as the upper left one
then the two next to my toes.. no doubt would be wheaten amerecauna roos.. I got that part.. I am just so thrown off by the blueish tinted ones.
may2011058.jpg

Please help.. and thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am FAR from an expert in this variety, BUT the only girl I see is between the Fav roo and the wheaten Am roo. In the first pic I believe that is a wheaten on the left and a blue wheaten roo on the right....

I see a wheaton and a blue wheaton and a couple eyes on some toes
smile.png

Need closer pics of their comb to be able to better tell roo from pullet .

Photo #1, boy on the left, girl on the right.
Photo #2, boy.
Photo #3, boys on the left by your foot, girls on the right.
Photo #4, from the top down, boy, girl, girl, boy, boy.
smile.png

Quote:
Right. And if there is ANY black on them- they are wheaten, not blue wheaten. Wheaten pullets can have blue underfeathers- it does not mean they are necessarily blue wheaten though- look at the ends of the wing feathers.

thank you all so much.. now I know which ones to hold on to for now and which ones to ship.. so I am going to hold on to the lighter grey ones.. too then.... any blotchy.. blotchy.. I will ship

big hugs to you all.. and I cant thank you enough..
xoxox

Back
Top Bottom