Need Help With 1602n Hovabator!

YooHwa

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 12, 2011
My hovabator 1062n just arrived!!!

I have few questions about it.

I am having trouble with adjusting temperature..
I am around 100 to 101.
If I want to settle it on this temp, do I tighten the wing nut?
Whenever I do that, the red light go off... is this normal?

I have three thermometer.
One is from the hovabator (not digital ; it's the long stick looking ones with red lines.. i have no idea what you call those).
This one shows really high temperature when others don't.
Another one is from incubation farm (i think) and is digital.
It shows the lowest temperature, but not that low.
The third one is the round one (not digital). I think this one is the stablest one but I'm not sure.
I checked this one with the house temperature, and they were really close.
The second one and the third one have like 1 to 2 degree of difference.
Can you tell which one is the stablest one?

Oh, and the second one is also hygrometer
I am going to do the salt test tomorrow.

Also.
I didn't bought the hovabator with fan.
So I am installing the laptop cooling fan..
But it is really smal..It's smaller than the PC fans that people use instead of fan kits.
Is this okay? or should I install another one?
(I have two laptop cooling fan of same size)
And where will be the best place to install it?

Thank you for reading my post!
I was going to put it on one side of the incubator.

I have the same bator but have the fan kit installed. Did you get the thermometer/hydrometer with the probe that fits through the vent hole? Thats what I've been using and the thermometer is accurate but you need to check the hydrometer via the salt test.
The glass thermometer that came with it seems to be off by +2 degrees.
You need to fiddle with the thermostat a little before you get the right temp and make sure the lock nut is tight.
I'm on day 12 with mine and once I got the right temp set I haven't had to fiddle with it

The red light indicator lets you know when the heat element is on. People say to set still air at 101 and forced air at 99.5. I added a small pc fan to mine (smallest one) which has a small air flow, but it stabilized temps perfectly, and I mean perfect. I barely have to mess with the thing. I have multiple thermometers in mine as well and they all say something different(two digital in F and C) and one analog. I get them all in the 99-101 range and I am happy with that. Remember to mount your fan pushing the air away from the eggs and if you are adding it you have to allow for about an inch or a bit smaller for air flow from the fan to the top of the incubator. I have the same incubator as you and I am getting it to work very well. You will do quite well. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Quote:
Mine is not the one that i can fit through the vent hole..
But it looks similar to that one. It just don't have the line to put it in the vent hole

Quote:
I send you an email..
(I thought I sent you PM but it was email after all..)

Mine is 5v laptop cooler fan... is this okay?

Quote:
I send you an email..
(I thought I sent you PM but it was email after all..)

Mine is 5v laptop cooler fan... is this okay?

I just emailed you back. Let me know if you need more details.

i have one also, once you get it set it will stay stable. i would recommend getting a egg-o-meter thermometer for a more accurate reading of the internal egg temp. when you operate it during dry weather make sure to keep a check on water levels. during really dry weather like during the middle of summer, i will also fill one of the smaller troughs on the side. i have used this model for the past 4 years. i added the computer fans to them 2 years ago. i got a better hatch with the smallest fan. i think one was a 7 and the other was a 5. i added the egg-o-meter at the same time. i have been getting a 95%-98% overall development with the fans when i was just getting 50% - 65% with out the fans and thermometer.

I received your email and sent the reply back!

I'm so sorry that I am keeping you up in the night..

Quote:
Thank you for the help!!!
smile.png

I really wanted to buy egg-o-meter but it was kinda expensive (to me..at least)
If I happen to get some money I will buy one!!

Replied... Half the fun is figuring out how to set things up on your own( i.e. adding the fan without paying the full price for the kit) One of the pics will show the light set up I made for a 1.50 for a ceramic light holder and a plug off an old coffee grinder that didn't work anymore. Before this, I only knew to connect positive-negative for electrical, and now I made a brooder with a thermostat and a bunch more. Some are addicted to hatching, but since we have 21 days to wait for that to happen, us beginners get addicted to setting everything up for the expected hatch!

Back
Top Bottom