Need help with a business name.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JustPeachy, Nov 20, 2011.

1. JustPeachy

JustPeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Waynesboro, Ga
    My mom is opening a small store in a small town in Georgia. The building is 100+ yrs old. She is having a hard time finding a name so I know that there are LOTS of creative people on this site and maybe yall can give us some ideas. She is going to be selling small odd and end handmade type things, childrens clothing, etc.... She can't decide if she wants a whimsical kind of name or what. The ideas she has come up with are "the farmhouse", but no one else really likes that cause the building doesnt look like a farmhouse, Lollipops, but then we found out there is already one just one town over.... Any ideas or suggestions?!?

2. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    That can be tough.....hmmm The Little House, Things in The Atic, Trinkets Galore, The Goodie Basket, Ultimate Gifts, What color is the building...The Little______Shop, The Little _______House, The Farmhouse sounds OK. Wonder what others will come up with, these were just off the top my head.

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I like "The Goodie Basket"![​IMG]

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I'd make it personal. What is your Mom's name? Aunt Sally's Corner. Sally's Hometown Store. Sally's Little Bit Of This N' That. Perfect Gifts by Sally.
    Sally's Handmade Treasures.

Whatever name she decides, print business cards. ALWAYS carry the cards. Pass them out to friends and family, then PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE!!!

Checkout lines at the grocery stores are the perfect place to drum up business, it's a captive audience. Strike up a conversation, "have you been to Sally's Chickenhead Boutique yet?" "No?" "Well it's just the cutest.......and it has.......and Sally is sooooo nice.........I have a card.......here take several and give them them to your friends."

5. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Bits & Pieces.

6. kaom

kaom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    St Albans UK
    Moma's Love
    Georgia's Gorgeous Treats
    Hand Maid (although I guess that might have slight double entendre risks attached to it!)
    Mom's Crafts
    Traditional Values
    Strawberries and Seam

7. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Bits & Pieces....good one...but with the name....Sally's Bits & Pieces!

8. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    M.sue :

Bits & Pieces....good one...but with the name....Sally's Bits & Pieces!

Yes, that does sound better. I use to have a deer blind that I buit with anything I could find & called it Bits & Pieces.​

9. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    "Go Away"

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by