Need help with a few eggs. throw out or leave? pictures

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by redhd077, May 9, 2011.

1. redhd077

redhd077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    south eastern, ID
    I am on day 17 and i candled my eggs again today to pull a few i wasn't sure about...well now 2 has turned to 5. anyone help me? Sorry I know they aren't the best pictures, but i did the best i could.

egg 1

[​IMG]

egg 2
    [​IMG]

egg 3
    [​IMG]

egg 4

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    What exactly are you seeing? I cannot tell much from the pictures. It's very hard to get good

candling pictures, so don't worry about it. [​IMG] On day 17 you should see basically nothing but

darkness/mass, and the air sac.

3. RonnieAtkeson

RonnieAtkeson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    scissorchic is right, its reallllllly hard to see anytype of movement in the egg by day 17. I say lock the bator down and see what happens, a few more days in the bator wont hurt even if there bad eggs. I couldnt tell much by the pictures either, sorry.

4. redhd077

Mar 11, 2011
    south eastern, ID
    I know the picture really suck! Well thats the problem...in these 5 eggs i see alot of open space. In the first picture you can see all the space and a vien at the bottom. pic 2 and 3 are brown eggs...i think they have a blood ring, and the 4th is the wierdest i have ever seen! It has all these wierd looking viens! I pretty sure i shouldn't see viens at this point. There are a few that when i move them i can see the "stuff" inside looks like it is floating around. i just don't know what i should do...i go in lock down in the morning.

5. gfcm

gfcm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Florissant
    Since you're this close to hatch, it couldn't hurt to leave them, I would think. Two and three; I can't tell. Pics too dark. But pics 1 and 4 look good. How about marking the 2 that you think have blood rings, or even A, B, C, D for each and rename the pics as such. That way you have reference for later?

6. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Hold your candler at the top of the big end of the egg. That way your shining right into the air cell, it helps light up the egg better. 4 is definately good as long as you see movement, there are pretty good veins in it. 1 could possibly be a blood ring but it looks like veins to me, but thier is alot of empty space, try candling like i said and take different pics and post them if you can!

7. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Sniff them, if they smell bad toss them, if they smell ok and your not sure put a ? on them and lock them down. If they don't smell by now they should be ok for a few more days.

After the hatch you can open the unhatched ones and see what's in there. That will help you learn to recognize what's happening in there when you candle. I put each egg in a ziplock sandwich bag or similar before I crack them, just in case it is a stinker waiting to explode. [​IMG]

4 looks good to me, 1 may be good, if you can see any other veins apart from the big one it's good. The others are to dark to tell.

8. fatbassetvineyards

fatbassetvineyards Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Redding CA
    I put a question mark on mine and left it in the bator.[​IMG] Well I was surprised that I just found a pip in it a few minutes ago. I am glad I left it.

Good Luck!
    Denise

9. gfcm

gfcm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Florissant
    Quote:Oh, wow! Good deal! Any progress this morning??

10. redhd077

Mar 11, 2011
    south eastern, ID
    Thanks everyone! I looked at them again last night and #4 was moving!! Yahoo...i didn't see any movement in it yesterday morning when i took this picture. As for the rest i don't know! I have one those that when i candle it everything in it just floats around, but none of them stink so i think i will leave them.

Nikkumz thanks i will try that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by