Need help with a really, really, old gqf 1266 cabinet incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aldren90, Jan 30, 2013.

1. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    So I was tinkering with my dads old gqf 1266 cabinet incubator which hasn't been used in YEARS, but I found the temp increase knob and its starting to actually come back to life. :D So I already know that the auto turner doesn't work anymore ( any help with that would be great! ) but if I hold down the turner knob it turns very well, and it is old and very dusty. If you guys can help me on my quest to DIY restore it that would be amazing!!! ( now I maybe won't have to buy a new bator !!! ) Thanks!

2. red golden

red golden Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    Be careful if it has been setting dust etc. on that heating element is bad news. I would inspect it very carrefully.

3. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    So far it has only made it up to 90°. I am going to unplug it at 6:30. It has been running for one hour and a half. I am worried it may not make it to 99.5°, sadly. Any help with temperature adjustments will be great!

4. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    Thermostat setting instructions for the 1200 series incubators are here.
    https://www.gqfmfg.com/pdf/1202 1250 Cabinet model instructions.pdf

A couple of new wafers would be a good idea if its been sitting for a long time. If you need help or further explanation of the setting instructions feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll try to answer any questions.

It takes several hours to find out if the turner is working or not the switch has 3 positions. Up turns the trays manually. Centered is off and down is for auto turn. When you move the switch to the bottom position the trays may not move for an hour or more. The only way to tell is to check a while later and see if it has in fact moved.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by