Need help with a speckled bantam hen's breeds.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Frizzlett98, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    It's not really important we'd just like to know what she could be mixed with. She's black and white speckled and very small. She has golden feathers on the back of her neck. She has a hurt leg that we're hoping will heal soon. We just bought her and the guy said he didn't know what she is but that she's mixed with a 2 mixed breed chickens. I was thinking maybe some Ancona but I really don't know. My brother's hoping she has some Sebright in her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Not sure on the breeds, her toe nails need a little bit of a trim though. The nails tend to get really long like that when they are kept in cages.

3. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Yeah. She has one really long toenail. When her leg gets better I'll trim them. I don't want to hurt her any more than she is.

4. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Anyone else have any idea?

5. Wishapup

Wishapup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Canada
    Could she have D'Uccle in her? Seems like she would have some other dominant traits like feathered legs/beard though.

6. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    I don't know. It's very possible. The colors in the D'Uccle looks like her. Not the pattern though. Does anyone think that this chicken crossed with a Golden Sebright would make a pretty or interesting chicken? I know that her baby roosters would look like their daddy, the Sebright. That's why we bought her was to breed her with a Sebright.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by