need help with a sportsman 1202

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jimmythechicken, Apr 1, 2011.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    we are thinking about buying a used sportsman 1202 everything works but the auto egg turner can you buy a new one if so where can i get one an how much are they.they want 200 sounds like a fair price if the turner motor is not to much

2. Sumatra55

Sumatra55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    I get all of my parts from GQF I dont know if there is a cheaper source but I know these are the right parts. I dont know how much the turners are but they have a website. I love my mine I have 3 1505's

3. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    it looks like a motor is 54$ so if we can get if up an running good for 250-300 we will be very happy this is my daughter who is buying it she is 11 an wants one so bad.

4. lucky123

lucky123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Cullman,Al
    Your getting a bargain! I would give more than that for used ones. With all the acc, i just paid around 800.00. Good find!

5. Riffecreek

Riffecreek Chukar Junky

May 29, 2010
    Dunnville, Ky.
    Most of the time on the 1202's, it's not the turner motor!! Every time I had to work on the turner, It's been the switch or timer motor.

It should have a 3 way switch on the left side near the back. On mine, Down is on, the middle is off, and up lets you turn the trays manually. Hold the switch up and see if the trays move. If they do, start with the timer motor... If they don't, start with the switch!!

I love these incubators and I've always had 80%+ hatch rates in them..

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    when my turner stopped, i call Culter supply told them what was wrong, they sent me the right part, told me how to fix it it was easy,and they where cheeper with the parts than GQF

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by