Need help with attacked chick

jlambert57

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2017
Help! My neighbors 1 week old chick squeezed into my chicken coop with my hen & her baby. My hen attacked the chick. When I got home I found the chick in the corner of the pen bleeding around its neck, head, & face. Is there anything I can do to help this chick? I tried taking it back to its Mom, but it could not see well enough to keep up with her & her other chicks. I currently have it in a crate that it can't get out of & it seems to be doing OK. I was going to try to give it back to its momma in the morning if it's strong enough.

Help! My neighbors 1 week old chick squeezed into my chicken coop with my hen & her baby. My hen attacked the chick. When I got home I found the chick in the corner of the pen bleeding around its neck, head, & face. Is there anything I can do to help this chick? I tried taking it back to its Mom, but it could not see well enough to keep up with her & her other chicks. I currently have it in a crate that it can't get out of & it seems to be doing OK. I was going to try to give it back to its momma in the morning if it's strong enough.
Definitely get it back to it's mama asap...hopefully she will accept it.

It is back with momma and doing fine.
So glad momma accepted her baby back without any trouble! I'm having a similar issue, maybe you can help me.
One of my 4day old chicks got attacked by one of our hens a few days ago. She seems to be doing ok but I'm worried that momma and/or the 5 other chicks will peck her, since she has bald spots on her neck and back. Should I try giving her back to mom or just keep her inside?

Back
Top Bottom