need help with black swedish

chaseB2

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
Missouri
i want to no if my black swedish drake is nice enough to show , he was given to me so i do not no his status as far as hatchery or breeder but i would like to no if there s anyone who can help me with this little problem , i can past pics of him as soon as they are needed

Black is not a recognized color to show In Swedish. You can show the color, but it won't be eligible for the higher prizes. So it doesn't mean you can't take him to a show, but it means he can't win any of the bigger prizes like best in show or best waterfowl. I am just assuming you are in the USA, as I don't see any location listed that is otherwise. Other countries might have a different standard.

The blacks are used in Blue Swedish breeding programs since you need the black in order to get the blue color. If you want to use him in a breeding program, you will want a clear bib and 2-3 white feathers on the tips of his wings. They should have a meaty body, but no keel. Although I've never seen a Swedish with a keel. Even breeds that are supposed to have them, often don't. Think healthy looking moderation. Medium sized duck, everything about it medium.

The blue feathers are supposed to be laced in blue, so feathers are supposed to be laced, but I don't know how you'd know if a black feather was laced in black.

Ok tank you vary much , I have never been much of a duck person and have never bought or shown tem , this one was given to me and I just wanted to no what I had to see if I could show him or if he would just be a pet for my nephew
With his other duck

Back
Top Bottom