Need help with breed, and sexing for three chickens!

Picklesquidly

Songster
5 Years
Apr 19, 2015
Flower Mound, Texas
Hey there!
I've gotten a good idea of which of my chicks are cockerels and which are pullets, except for two chickies. That would be Silky (not an original name, I know) and Pepsi. Can you tell what gender they are? I think Silky is a boy, but Pepsi I'm not so sure, since her comb is small but also turning red.

They are all 5 weeks old, and bantams! (Except Mame, hes a standard.)

Pepsi:

Silky:

I also need to identify the breeds of three of my chickens! I don't know what species Pepsi is, or Teriyaki or Mame.

Teriyaki:

Mame:

(He has small muffs!)

Thank you!

Last edited:

Picklesquidly

Songster
5 Years
Apr 19, 2015
Flower Mound, Texas
Whatever they are, they are precious! I have a black chick that looks just like yours:)

Thank you! But do you have any idea, or maybe a guess?
smile.png

Chicken Girl1

Queen of the Coop
5 Years
Mar 3, 2015
Virginia
Hey there!
I've gotten a good idea of which of my chicks are cockerels and which are pullets, except for two chickies. That would be Silky (not an original name, I know) and Pepsi. Can you tell what gender they are? I think Silky is a boy, but Pepsi I'm not so sure, since her comb is small but also turning red.

They are all 5 weeks old, and bantams! (Except Mame, hes a standard.)

Pepsi:
I say pullet for now, in 1-2 weeks you should post a updated picture of it to make sure though.

Silky:

I'm leaning towards silkie cockerel :-(

I also need to identify the breeds of three of my chickens! I don't know what species Pepsi is, or Teriyaki or Mame.

Teriyaki:
Old English Game bantam pullet

Mame:
d'Uccle cockerel
(He has small muffs!)

Thank you!
Are they bantams?

BantamLover21

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 24, 2013
Pepsi appears to be a Black Old English Game bantam pullet. Silkie is a Buff Silkie cockerel. Teriyaki is probably a Black Breasted Red Old English Game bantam, pullet. Mame looks like a mixed breed cockerel.

Rhodebar Lover

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee, US
Pepsi looks like a Black Old English Game bantam pullet.
Silky looks like a Buff Silkie cockerel.
Teriyaki looks like a Black Breasted Red Old English Game bantam pullet.
Mame looks like a mixed breed cockerel.

Top Bottom