Need help with breed of rooster?

agkuyk08

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
I bought this 4 month old rooster as a chick from the local feed store. I need help with his breed. The most obvious answer would be Golden Sebright. But he has a straight comb instead of a rose comb, so it makes me wonder. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. But see I'm trying to sell him simply because I have to many Roos. But I'm advertising him as a Golden Sebright, and everyone is saying he's not a Sebright. And there's no such thing as Gold Laced OEGB. So idk

He still looks like a Golden Sebright to me, just one with a single comb. Single-combed individuals pop up in even the purest rose-combed breeds due to the single comb being a recessive gene. While Sebrights are supposed to have rose combs, some still have single combs.

That's what I thought. But see I'm trying to sell him simply because I have to many Roos. But I'm advertising him as a Golden Sebright, and everyone is saying he's not a Sebright. And there's no such thing as Gold Laced OEGB. So idk
I know that this is kind of off subject, but what breed of chicken is your profile pic?

Yeah I have 3 golden sebrights including him. 2 roosters and I hen. The other rooster I have looks just like your pic. He has a toes comb. This guy just has a single comb.

And I believe the rooster in my pic is a white black tailed Japanese bantam. Though I'm not 100% sure on that either

Yeah I have 3 golden sebrights including him. 2 roosters and I hen. The other rooster I have looks just like your pic. He has a toes comb. This guy just has a single comb.

And I believe the rooster in my pic is a white black tailed Japanese bantam. Though I'm not 100% sure on that either
Really? Hmm. Interesting. I have a 5 week old chick and I can't figure out her mix.....she looks kind of like the one in your profile pic.
But she has feathers on her feet and she has a beard. Another problem is that she's not a bantam.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom