Need help with breed of rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by agkuyk08, Aug 11, 2014.

1. agkuyk08

agkuyk08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    I bought this 4 month old rooster as a chick from the local feed store. I need help with his breed. The most obvious answer would be Golden Sebright. But he has a straight comb instead of a rose comb, so it makes me wonder. Any help would be much appreciated.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  2. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    I think he is a Sebright......but not sure.

3. agkuyk08

Apr 8, 2013
    That's what I thought. But see I'm trying to sell him simply because I have to many Roos. But I'm advertising him as a Golden Sebright, and everyone is saying he's not a Sebright. And there's no such thing as Gold Laced OEGB. So idk

4. osiel

osiel Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2014
    Texas
    Your right he looks like a sebright except for the comb
    Here is my sebright...

[​IMG]

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    He still looks like a Golden Sebright to me, just one with a single comb. Single-combed individuals pop up in even the purest rose-combed breeds due to the single comb being a recessive gene. While Sebrights are supposed to have rose combs, some still have single combs.

6. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    I know that this is kind of off subject, but what breed of chicken is your profile pic?

7. agkuyk08

Apr 8, 2013
    Yeah I have 3 golden sebrights including him. 2 roosters and I hen. The other rooster I have looks just like your pic. He has a toes comb. This guy just has a single comb.

And I believe the rooster in my pic is a white black tailed Japanese bantam. Though I'm not 100% sure on that either

8. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Really? Hmm. Interesting. I have a 5 week old chick and I can't figure out her mix.....she looks kind of like the one in your profile pic.
    But she has feathers on her feet and she has a beard. Another problem is that she's not a bantam.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by