1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Need help with breed of rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by agkuyk08, Aug 11, 2014.

1. agkuyk08

agkuyk08 Chirping

Apr 8, 2013
    I bought this 4 month old rooster as a chick from the local feed store. I need help with his breed. The most obvious answer would be Golden Sebright. But he has a straight comb instead of a rose comb, so it makes me wonder. Any help would be much appreciated.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014

2. lightchick

lightchick Crowing

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    I think he is a Sebright......but not sure.

3. agkuyk08

agkuyk08 Chirping

Apr 8, 2013
    That's what I thought. But see I'm trying to sell him simply because I have to many Roos. But I'm advertising him as a Golden Sebright, and everyone is saying he's not a Sebright. And there's no such thing as Gold Laced OEGB. So idk

4. osiel

osiel In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2014
    Texas
    Your right he looks like a sebright except for the comb
    Here is my sebright...

[​IMG]

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    He still looks like a Golden Sebright to me, just one with a single comb. Single-combed individuals pop up in even the purest rose-combed breeds due to the single comb being a recessive gene. While Sebrights are supposed to have rose combs, some still have single combs.

6. lightchick

lightchick Crowing

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    I know that this is kind of off subject, but what breed of chicken is your profile pic?

7. agkuyk08

agkuyk08 Chirping

Apr 8, 2013
    Yeah I have 3 golden sebrights including him. 2 roosters and I hen. The other rooster I have looks just like your pic. He has a toes comb. This guy just has a single comb.

And I believe the rooster in my pic is a white black tailed Japanese bantam. Though I'm not 100% sure on that either

8. lightchick

lightchick Crowing

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Really? Hmm. Interesting. I have a 5 week old chick and I can't figure out her mix.....she looks kind of like the one in your profile pic.
    But she has feathers on her feet and she has a beard. Another problem is that she's not a bantam.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by