Need help with Brower Top Hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by daisychick, Dec 2, 2010.

1. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I am trying to clean 2 of the big grey plastic type Brower Top Hatch Incubators. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the black egg separator tray (the one that looks like an old wagon wheel with spokes), off of the center grey tube. If anyone knows what I am talking about please help.[​IMG] I need to get that black spoke wheel thing off so I can get to the egg tray etc. down below it. Is it not meant to come off???

2. Skittlez

Skittlez Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    I have a top hatch also. The egg turner does come off, but it is NOT easy. Try to get one of the tabs out of the slot on the center part that holds the light bulb first, then raise one side higher than the other. It should then slide off. It takes me a while and I always worry about the tabs breaking off, but so far so good. I also take the tub off the base before I try, that way when your man handling the turner, you don't accidently drop the base.

3. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Thank you! I really had to man handle it. I smashed down one of the tabs with a screw driver and it really helped! Now it is all clean and ready to go! Thanks for responding. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by