Need help with building a coop for silkies!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kerrysmommy, Sep 10, 2011.

1. kerrysmommy

kerrysmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    My house :]
    hi i have a small play area tht was mine a few years ago and i have been starting to breed silkies..........my neice and i thought it would be a good idea to turn the swing set into a small coop for y silkies and i need simple easy plans that wont cost much money at all.........thanks sooo much i hope you guys have some great ideas!

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Could you add a photo of the play area/structure AND your state (for weather knowledge) - both will help people advise you [​IMG]

3. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    i have tried uploading pics it wont work buts it just a basic area which is like idk 10 ft off the ground with a slide 2 ladders and a swing

4. GAchick

GAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Pembroke GA
    Are you talking about the typical A-frame swing set, made of wood, maybe?

5. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    ye ai am talking about that one lol i had no clue how to explain it! [​IMG]

6. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Does the playset have a Clubhouse on it? Or is this simply just an A frame with swings? To upload- go to the Uploads button at the top of this screen in the blue bar. Click on it, hit browse and find your picture on your computer and upload. Then, simply grab the html and copy/paste that link into this post. [​IMG]

There is someone here that has built a coop out of a wood playset here recently. But his had a wood clubhouse- which is what he turned into the coop. The rest of it was made into a run.

There is this one: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1347765

And
    this one, which is a lot more elaborate: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=89205

Both
    of these have used the wood clubhouse part to make the coop. Hope that helps! I'm guessing this is what you're talking about, yes??

7. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    yes it does have a club house as you may call it on top. i dont know if i will be able to do this project but i might be able to if i can beg my mom lol

8. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Look at those links I posted- I'm sure you could do the very first one! That was the easiest one! Good luck! [​IMG]

9. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    thanks for the help lol but now my niece dosnt want me to cuz she says she plays on it every day but last time she played on it was in june lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by