Need help with bump under hen’s eye

I don’t think I would use antibiotics but just watch for any bubbles or foam in the eye.
Thank you. Is that the only reason I should get worried? Can you think of a reason this wouldn’t resolve if it’s all residual from a bug bite or whatever the initial little bump was?

I would check the ear opening with a QTip for any gunk. Also look up inside the roof of her beak (in the choanal slit) with a light for any white to yellow gunk. If you would rather go ahead and treat her with the Tylan to see if it makes a difference, that is fine.

Thank you. I am sure I don’t need to treat her since there aren’t any symptoms. I just don’t know what else to do for her. I thought this was resolving and then this week it seems to be swelling again. This is the strangest thing. I think it’s all from the initial little lump, but idk why it hasn’t just resolved. All I feel like I can do is keep saying “I guess I’ll just watch it “:confused: anyways thank you for always replying.
No problem, I have been dealing with a similar issue with my rooster, who has been subjected to multiple ear cleanings, throat checks, and doses of amoxicillin. None of which he wanted to participate in 😆 I think they just go through some weird stuff, sometimes. Eating and drinking, and otherwise active and happy are all good signs!

No problem, I have been dealing with a similar issue with my rooster, who has been subjected to multiple ear cleanings, throat checks, and doses of amoxicillin. None of which he wanted to participate in 😆 I think they just go through some weird stuff, sometimes. Eating and drinking, and otherwise active and happy are all good signs!
Aw they always think they know what’s best haha. Hope your guy is on the up and up. I’m sure this will turn into one of those same things where if she’s happy, eating and drinking, and doesn’t seem in pain, I’ll just keep watching it and posting about it!

I would check the ear opening with a QTip for any gunk. Also look up inside the roof of her beak (in the choanal slit) with a light for any white to yellow gunk. If you would rather go ahead and treat her with the Tylan to see if it makes a difference, that is fine.
I will def take a closer look in her ears and mouth again tomorrow. I’ll hold off on any meds until I have a clear indication for using. Thanks for the advice.

Ugh! Last night I noticed 2 tiny white bumps on the other side of Peppers face, in a similar spot as the previous bump. Today they’re definitely there and swelling a bit. This is THE OTHER SIDE, not the initial side with the bump. What on earth is going on with my hen?! Not the greatest of pics, but the bumps are the small white ones by her ear flap.

Attachments

• C575DBB9-6C2D-44DD-A7F4-4AE9334C15A7.jpeg
    C575DBB9-6C2D-44DD-A7F4-4AE9334C15A7.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 7016DD9B-72B8-4D62-B32D-F390DF127DEE.jpeg
    7016DD9B-72B8-4D62-B32D-F390DF127DEE.jpeg
    614.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 7488DA7D-026F-4B37-8568-7B83F429283C.jpeg
    7488DA7D-026F-4B37-8568-7B83F429283C.jpeg
    621.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 6AA61994-3FE1-44D8-B650-30F3DC2E625D.jpeg
    6AA61994-3FE1-44D8-B650-30F3DC2E625D.jpeg
    659.8 KB · Views: 4
That is interesting. I don’t know what that is. Some scrapes or wounds can turn black and then whitish as they heal. You might consider emailing some of the pictures to a state vet or a vet school poultry expert for opinions.
I may just do that. It could maybe be from pecking, I’ve noticed a bit more pecking since it’s been snowy/windy this week and they’ve been cooped up more. Maybe this particular hen just heals this way. No chance of mosquitoes, it’s so snowy and cold here!

Back
Top Bottom