Need help with chick assist

stopsines

Chirping
Oct 10, 2020
Chick pipped 30 hours ago. Began to zip last night and for 12 hours could only make a circle in her shell. In other words, no progress.

I began to assist by removing the cap. She pushed it off and now appears stuck as in the photo below.

she’s been chirping loudly all afternoon. We’ve seen her breathing or heart beating since last night (whatever it is that makes their bodies pulse like they do in the egg). Want to make sure the yoke is absorbed but wondering if I need to do more?

Attachments

• BE3A497B-0BE6-45BF-8601-31F0C43C34F6.jpeg
    BE3A497B-0BE6-45BF-8601-31F0C43C34F6.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 22
Looks like you've done all you can. Chicks need to get out of the shell themselves, trying to nudge them out doesn't work out well.
Fingers crossed she'll be out and walking about soon. Just give her time.

I have had to help fully hatch an entire incubator of chicks that shrink wrapped. They pipped and then no progress. At this point, in my opinion, it could die if you don't help it more. Of the chicks that helped hatch, all 14 of them are alive and thriving now. Normally I would say leave it alone, but at 30 hours and no progress I'd help.

Picture of my shrink wrapped chick I helped hatch about an hour ago.

Attachments

• 0222211610.jpg
    0222211610.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 17
I have had to help fully hatch an entire incubator of chicks that shrink wrapped. They pipped and then no progress. At this point, in my opinion, it could die if you don't help it more. Of the chicks that helped hatch, all 14 of them are alive and thriving now. Normally I would say leave it alone, but at 30 hours and no progress I'd help.

Picture of my shrink wrapped chick I helped hatch about an hour ago.
Did you do more than remove the cap? Here’s where she is stuck now.
DCD99F58-F236-4E50-96DB-40D94172A864.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom