Need Help With Chicken Cam

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BetterHensandGardens, Jul 17, 2010.

1. BetterHensandGardens

BetterHensandGardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    Clinton, OH
    I have a camera inside the chicken coop so we can watch the chickens, but I want to see just the picture on a page on my website. Today, you have to click on the link (upper left hand side) and it takes you to the camera (it's a URL) and you see the camera control page. Can someone explain how to put just the picture from the camera on a Wordpress website? Lots of people seem to be doing it, but I'm no techie, need some help......[​IMG]

2. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    I just want to know how you got this far. I still can't decide what sort of camera I need. (I am a techie, but this is so foreign, I can't tell you)

3. BetterHensandGardens

BetterHensandGardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    Clinton, OH
    Maybe we can help each other. There's a picture of the installed camera I'm using here: http://www.betterhensandgardens.com/2010/07/07/chicks-in-coop/ It' a Linksys by Cisco, Wireless-G, PTZ Internet Camera (model WVC210) with Audio (business series). It has a Pan/Tilt/Zoom feature, but with numerous folks able to access in from the website, I currently have that turned off. If I could get just the video to the website, and access the camera control screen another way, then those features might be more used. This camera does seem to produce a good quality picture, and you can also hear the chickens.

There are a couple of things that I wish were better about it, the angle on the lens isn't really wide enough for the area I wanted to cover and it's an indoor camera. We just got a second camera, and are planning on installing that outdoors, so I can report back on that after it's installed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by