need help with duramycin dosage and watering

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by runswithbuffalo, Dec 21, 2013.

1. runswithbuffalo

runswithbuffalo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2012
    Hello All,

I have several of my chickies weezing and sneezing. I have 26 birds and this morning started Duramycin (1 tbs per gallon of water).

My coop has no electricity so I have to take water out 3-4 times per day before it freezes (it is 10 degrees now). I take one gallon of warm water out each time. My question is: how many gallons of water should I be putting out with meds per day? I have done one so far.

I sure hope this works for my birds. I have read that Duramycin doesn't always do it.

Thanks so much for your help!

Jessie
    Springdale WA

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    The medicated water should be their only water source during treatment, so if the drink two gallons a day, then make two gallons. If you have puddles from the rain around the medicated water might not work.

-Kathy

3. runswithbuffalo

runswithbuffalo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2012
    Kathy,

Thank you!!! No worries about puddles since it is all snow BUT I did notice some chickies eating snow. I treated 2 gallons today and most of it was gone. I will keep them in the coop tomorrow so they can't eat snow. It may be too soon but I swear I heard less wheezing tonite.

Thanks again!

Jessie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by