need help with incubating crested polish eggs

XxB0rd3rsxX10

Songster
10 Years
Jul 13, 2011
Im new to this site and i think my chick needs help. I have a few polish eggs in my LG still air incubaitor. Two days ago i saw and heard one of my eggs moving around. my problem is that it still hasnt piped!!! I can still hear it and it still moves around every now and then, but is going to die because its to weak or is this normal? i really hope it makes it.

I can only give you my experience. Last month I had a duck egg that was doing the same thing, moving and peeping, but no pip. I called my vet and he said wait a few hours to see if he pips if not after a few hours put a pip hole in the egg so the chick can get oxygen. I did that and the egg eventually stopped moving and peeping. A few hours after that nothing, so I put a little pip hole in the egg only to discover the duckling had died in the shell (shrink wrapped), I felt so bad and vowed that I would not do that again. The duckling had made it through the membrane into the air-sac but not out of the shell into fresh air. If it was me (and I only say this for me), I would make sure everything else was right first ie. temp., humidity, and hatch date. If all that is correct and there is still nothing and you have been waiting hours for something then gently pip a hole in the egg so the chick can get fresh air. Be sure not to break the membrane surrounding the chick. There are lots of great posts on here on assisting a hatch. You can also let mother nature take its course and wait and see if anyone hatches. I love Polishes I have Silver-Laced Polish.

Again only my experience and the rest is up to you. Good Luck
smile.png

Last edited:
thank you so much for the reply, but im a little nervous, i dont want to kill it or hurt it when trying to assist it. i guess ill wait a little longer and see what happends

I hope things go well for you. Obviously the decision to assist is a difficult one to make, if you decide to do it, take your time and don't rush it. They say good things happen to those who wait and for me at least this was true when I had to help my silkie roo out of his shell. He was so big I thought for sure there was no way he could be any bit silkie, but I knew the lady that gave me his egg and that is all she had LOL. He is fine now and king of the roost, except when I go into the coop then he hands the reins over to me and becomes a big love bug.
smile.png

I am sorry that you lost your chick. Was everything right? Sometimes it is just mother nature taking course
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom