Need Help With Incubation...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Okisaki, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Okisaki

Okisaki New Egg

Feb 28, 2017
    I have a 1266 GQF cabinet incubator. I figured out how to raise temp and humidity. I just don't know what I need the temp and humidity set at for chicken eggs... please can someone tell me what I need to know??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    99.5 temp, 35% humidity for incubation, 75% for the hatch is what I do.

How do you raise the humidity? Does your incubator have the electronic thermostat and the wafer thermostat. Which are you using to raise/lower the temp?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  3. Okisaki

Okisaki New Egg

Feb 28, 2017
    I have used both to set the temp. Humidity seems to be set by the water surface of the water container. If it can be set another way i don't know how lol

4. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Humidity is according to the water surface. Want a higher or lower humidity----increase the pan size or decrease it.

To set your thermostats you need to turn the front one wide open---Increase all the way-----then adjust the back one to 102----when it seems to be stable then back the front one off to 99.5.The back one it set to 102 incase the front one messed up----then the back one would cut the heater on and off till you see the problem----then if needed you could back the back one down to 99.5 till you can fixe the front one.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by