Need help with incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by koekoeklover, Nov 22, 2014.

1. koekoeklover

koekoeklover New Egg

Nov 22, 2014
    Hi everyone. Please help me out - i'm new to incubating. What brand/kind of incubator do you guys use for medium size chickens?
    Thanks

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you joined the flock. X2 with buy the best you can afford. I would reccomend a Brinsea just from my own personal experience with mine. Really is a set and leave incubator with minimal fuss, holds temp and humidity well and very reliable.
    Have had great results with it.
    Good luck with your future incubating and enjoy BYC :frow

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    [​IMG]

I'm guessing from your username you are in SA? I couldn't find any small incubators for sale here and ended up bringing one with from Europe (a Brinsea) They do export, but you're looking at spending quite a lot if you go that route. There is a guy near East London that sells smaller incubators now, I haven't been able to learn anything about them, but he'll be worth a call to enquire. Here's his website: http://www.quailbreeders.co.za

5. koekoeklover

koekoeklover New Egg

Nov 22, 2014
    Thanks everyone. Do you know Surehatch incubators?

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I haven't been able to find any info on them, but if you contact Wayne, he'll be able to tell you more. I've spoken to him via phone and email and found him very helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by