Need help with malpositioned pigeon chick!!

Pics

LauraMunro

Songster
Aug 8, 2018
Scotland
Hi there, so i rescued two pigeon eggs after someone disrupted their nest and the parents didnt return. I have been keeping them in an incubator and they've been doing well and yesterday one started to pip, however he is not in the correct postion and didn't pip his air cell! I left him to it to see how he would get on but this morning i noticed instead of continuing on trying to get through his first pip he has started trying to pip another hole and wasnt making any progress getting through. I read that this was a sign he must be struggling a bit so it had been over 24 hours since he first started so i created a very small hole to try and help him. However he doesnt seem to be pushing i can just hear lots of movement. Can anyone guide me on what to do to help him get out alive ?

Haha yes im scottish! So i was a bit worried so i picked away some more of the shell and membrane to see if i could see where he was, i was very careful though! There was no blood vessels i could see, so is he ready? His body is at the hole and i can see his beak but its not at the hole where he first started pipping!! As far as i can see there is no yolk sac!! I hope i haven't peeled away too much :/ i will add pictures :)

The hole seems bigger in the picture, im worried ive opened it too much :/ hes moving about alot but not making any progress getting through

Attachments

• 1533738732322553255870.jpg
    1533738732322553255870.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 33

Back
Top Bottom