Need help with my chicken!! He hurt his leg!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by notachickenlady, Mar 13, 2015.

1. notachickenlady

notachickenlady New Egg

Mar 13, 2015
    I ordered two goslings and when I went to go pick them up the mailwoman opened the box. A chicken popped out! Along with my two goslings I also got 15 chickens! I let them run last night and touch grass for the first time. When it was time to lock them up I found one laying on the ground. His leg is pulled up and and seems sore. He was shaking and there seemed to be a little bruising. I brought him inside and I thought he was going to die so I wrapped him up and had him on the couch with me. He ate and survived the night and seems to be doing much better except his leg. Can anyone tell me how to fix him?!?! I have never had chickens so I don't know anything about him or his 14 friends.

I just found out I should not have taken the chicks outside. I am used to ducklings and goslings. They are all under heat lamps except the hurt one who is on a heating pad.

[​IMG]

2. notachickenlady

notachickenlady New Egg

Mar 13, 2015
    I just wanted to add I guess they are now 4 days old and I am not sure thewhat the breed is.

3. notachickenlady

notachickenlady New Egg

Mar 13, 2015
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by