Need help with my chickies please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dee06, Jul 24, 2014.

1. dee06

dee06 Chirping

Jun 26, 2014
    Suffolk UK
    I apolgise if you have seen these on another thread but have just recently been given the advise to startmy own thread, as I am new I am still learning about BYC. These are my 9 4 - 4,5 week old chicks, got given the eggs to hatch under a broody, so I don't have any info on them, just know they are sooo cute. the 5 liitle ones hatched first and I think they are serama crosses may have 1 roo and 4 hens. My 4 bigger chicks are a mystery to me as to the breed and sex although someone thought they were all roos and 2 others think they are all hens [​IMG]. I have put them in the order they were hatched in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dee06

dee06 Chirping

Jun 26, 2014
    Suffolk UK
    Is anybody willing to give me some input on my chicks pleaseeeee, I would be so grateful, thanks

3. luvmypets

luvmypets Songster

Mar 17, 2013
    East Coast

4. dee06

dee06 Chirping

Jun 26, 2014
    Suffolk UK
    Thank you luvmypets and hello I appreciate you taking time to look at my chicks [​IMG] my little chicks 1-5 fit in the palm of my hand still but they are all gorgeous

5. luvmypets

luvmypets Songster

Mar 17, 2013
    East Coast
    They are still very small. I would post again in 3 weeks or so.

I know how you feel when no one answers.

6. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Songster

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    This is a hard age to guess gender of. I'd wait a few more weeks and then try. I know it's hard to wait, but the older they get the better the guesses.

7. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

I'm going to say the those brahmas aren't brahmas, the buff is the wrong color and the light brahma seems too white. I will say I think their possibly mixed breeds and so far they look like pullets. I would repost in a couple of weeks and ask again with updated pics! The last one with feathered feet looks to be a Cochin with that single comb, and 1 and 6 could be Australorps or jersey giants.

8. dee06

dee06 Chirping

Jun 26, 2014
    Suffolk UK
    Hi everyone, I managed to find out where my eggs that I hatched came from and my 4 big chicks are Cochin x Buff Orpington, saw their dad today and he is enormous, so at least I now know breed just got to sort sex then I will know what I am doing [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by