Need help with my chickies please

dee06

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 26, 2014
Suffolk UK
I apolgise if you have seen these on another thread but have just recently been given the advise to startmy own thread, as I am new I am still learning about BYC. These are my 9 4 - 4,5 week old chicks, got given the eggs to hatch under a broody, so I don't have any info on them, just know they are sooo cute. the 5 liitle ones hatched first and I think they are serama crosses may have 1 roo and 4 hens. My 4 bigger chicks are a mystery to me as to the breed and sex although someone thought they were all roos and 2 others think they are all hens
big_smile.png
. I have put them in the order they were hatched in.

I apolgise if you have seen these on another thread but have just recently been given the advise to startmy own thread, as I am new I am still learning about BYC. These are my 9 4 - 4,5 week old chicks, got given the eggs to hatch under a broody, so I don't have any info on them, just know they are sooo cute. the 5 liitle ones hatched first and I think they are serama crosses may have 1 roo and 4 hens. My 4 bigger chicks are a mystery to me as to the breed and sex although someone thought they were all roos and 2 others think they are all hens
big_smile.png
. I have put them in the order they were hatched in.

breed: ? Gender: probably hen

Breed: possible white leghorn

Breed: Buff Brahma Gender: Pullet?

Breed: Light Brahma Gender:pullet?

Breed: ? Gender: cockeral?

Breed:? Gender?

Breed: ? (probably cochin mix) Gender:pullet?

Breed: Blue Cochin Gender: Pullet?

Thank you luvmypets and hello I appreciate you taking time to look at my chicks
smile.png
my little chicks 1-5 fit in the palm of my hand still but they are all gorgeous

Thank you luvmypets and hello I appreciate you taking time to look at my chicks
smile.png
my little chicks 1-5 fit in the palm of my hand still but they are all gorgeous
They are still very small. I would post again in 3 weeks or so.

I know how you feel when no one answers.

I'm going to say the those brahmas aren't brahmas, the buff is the wrong color and the light brahma seems too white. I will say I think their possibly mixed breeds and so far they look like pullets. I would repost in a couple of weeks and ask again with updated pics! The last one with feathered feet looks to be a Cochin with that single comb, and 1 and 6 could be Australorps or jersey giants.

Hi everyone, I managed to find out where my eggs that I hatched came from and my 4 big chicks are Cochin x Buff Orpington, saw their dad today and he is enormous, so at least I now know breed just got to sort sex then I will know what I am doing
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom