Need help with my dog

Pics
Sep 15, 2021
Iowa
Well I have raised many dogs of the years but never one that pee in his kennel,pooped on concrete, and pees in his kennel, and he happy pees. Am o doing something wrong? I love the guy but holy crap. Would diapers help so something. Or what am I doing wrong

Attachments

• 20220421_152839.jpg
    20220421_152839.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220318_191101.jpg
    20220318_191101.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Resized_20220421_165856.jpeg
    Resized_20220421_165856.jpeg
    646.2 KB · Views: 6
Maybe train him to a dog toilet? Just a thought.
What's a dog toliet? I think the reason he does this is because he was a clearance puppy so he was 4 almost 5 months when I got him and I think he sat in a crate in a pull barn and pooped. And pee in his kennel so he does understand that's not what we do

Well I have raised many dogs of the years but never one that pee in his kennel,pooped on concrete, and pees in his kennel, and he happy pees. Am o doing something wrong? I love the guy but holy crap. Would diapers help so something. Or what am I doing wrong
Try taking him out right before putting him in his kennel. Also if he pees in the house you need to take him outside right away. Im not sure about happy peeing im not sure about the pooping on concrete. But what breed and age is he?

What's a dog toliet? I think the reason he does this is because he was a clearance puppy so he was 4 almost 5 months when I got him and I think he sat in a crate in a pull barn and pooped. And pee in his kennel so he does understand that's not what we do
That is more than likely what started this. By showing him that peeing in his kennel is not good he will stop thebad behavior.

20220501_111143.jpg

Our dogs don't like the grate much, so it's up. That's a sent soaker on the post that I made to make it more attractive. All of it is a work in progress.

Training our old dogs to use this, & not all over the house when we leave to care for the chickens. They used to be house broken, but went in reverse when our older brother would leave them alone for who knows how long, instead of taking them potty.

He looks very much like my Red Golden. Is he a golden mix? Mine did the happy pee and grew out of it. He looks very young so I think he will grow out of it. Some dogs just don't do great in crates, others do. Considering that he was not fairly and appropriately crate trained before you got him you probably shouldn't force the crate has he now sees it as a bad place instead of a "safe place," You're saying kennel though, if it's a large kennel put some pee pee pads in it, they are supposed to "go," in kennels. Is it a crate or a kennel? Not all dog's have a great ability to "hold it," so you probably have to work hard at allowing him outside more. The whole thing is a bit confusing but seems pretty normal for puppyhood. How old is he?

Back
Top Bottom