1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need help with my Rooster and Hens!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ICB42, Aug 24, 2015.

1. ICB42

ICB42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2015
    We Got our first set of 5 chickens about 5 or 6 months ago, and one turned out to be a rooster...and then our second set, which are the browns ones about a month or so after them. I am not sure what Breed they are. I am looking for a little help!!!
    [​IMG]
    This is our rooster, My hubby named him Diablo! and then my ladies this is one of the ones we got with the rooster : [​IMG]

and then these are the ones we got about a month later:

[​IMG]
    The light brown ones!! Thanks every in advance for all the help!!

2. Farrier

Farrier Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2014
    Diablo is an Easter Egger. I think your black and gold hens are black sex links (but have no idea how diablo got mixed up with them if they were all supposed to be the same breed). Your new girls look to be red sex links (aka gold stars, isa brown, golden comet depending on who sells them). I have no idea on that random white hen in the background.

3. ICB42

ICB42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2015
    The little white hen is Nemo, she our little one that my dog got a hold of and only got her wing, However she is just growing slower than the other brown chickens. I am not sure how he got mixed up in the batch I got,. They were straight run chickens non sexed so there is no telling. I picked him because he was gray when he was a chick and so cute!

4. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Diablo is a Easter Egger, the black and gold hens are Black sexlinks, and the red ones with the white tails are Red Sexlinks.

5. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    The black hens could be marans

6. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Diablo is a Easter egegr

7. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North