1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

need help with my rooster

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by rooster lover 119, Sep 11, 2010.

1. rooster lover 119

rooster lover 119 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    hi everybody my rooster just started crowing about a week ago and i really do like it! but my family still hasn't heard him so is their any way i can train my rooster to crow at a specific time? thanks! heres a pic of him hes a 4 month old Rhode island red.

[​IMG]

2. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    I don't know of a way to train him to crow on command. But i wanted to tell you that he's very pretty. I have a RIR roo that i am very proud of as well.

You might have to just wait a little while until he's crowing more often....or get your family to listen early in the morning. [​IMG]

3. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Tell them to wake up earlier lol. [​IMG] Just kidding, he'll crow plenty on his own, I just remember when the rooster I had started to crow, I would ususally hear him in the early morning.

4. rooster lover 119

rooster lover 119 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    thanks u guys and thanks for the complement punkinpeep! he is a very pretty rooster!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by