Need help with my truck (Mechanics?)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by first time farmer, Sep 28, 2010.

1. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Hi, I just bought a new truck. Well its not new its a 94 f150 but it is new to me. I have had the truck for about a month now. I justed replaced the front u joints in the drive shaft no biggie. However I noticed that when i go over a bump or when I turn and my wheals get to a certin spot I here a clank its not loud and my truck goes down the road fine it just has that clank. I am not a mechanic but I am pretty handy when it comes to that stuff. I just have trouble figuring out what is wrong with it. My buddie used to help me but he is away at school now so I figured I would ask yall

Thanks

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    wheel bearing?

3. first time farmer

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I was thinking that or ball joint, front shock, or u joint in the axel. Its only on the drivers side.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Jack the wheel up an rock it up an down an left an right... If it clankes up an down its a balljoint an left an right its a tierod end.

5. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

When you go side to side, (one side of the road to the other) is it better or worse going in a certian direction? If this is it, wheel bearing...

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

The pop is most likely not a wheel baring. But you would see play in the wheel if you rock the wheel with it off the ground if it is bad.

7. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    stabilizer link /bar /pin.

Had to have the driver side one replace don my hhr a few times [​IMG] which reminds me.. i have to call the dealership... again

8. first time farmer

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I am thinking that it is tie rod end. I am getting my new tires on monday so im going to have them take a look at it for a second openion. From what I see it should be an easy fix...i hope

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by