Need help with possible Sty in eye and black dots on comb

DixieDame67

Songster
12 Years
Jan 13, 2008
Jonesbourgh Tennessee
FrizzleRoo.jpg

Frizzleeye.jpg

*whew* this photobucket stuff is for smart people anyways im not real sure what your gonna view but im hoping it's a chicken eye...I bought this feller today at the local flea market...Q is he has a umm white sty looks like in his eye, his comb /cone? also has black dots on it and it's not bright red like my lil Bantam Roo....any suggestions as to what he is , what or how to treat his alments would be greatly appreciated

PS.....hes so sweet I'm already in Love
love.gif

you really think frostbite??? oh my i wouldn't have thought that...i always go for the under dog can't help it, but i will have him all fixed up in no time ......still looking for remedys for the eye thanks

I have been in the chat room and someone mentioned fowl pox, i read up on it, so is it true there is no cure, not sure thats what he has but i can scrape those spots off and photos i saw doesn't really look like it , my question is should i start him on Terramycin? i caught my other roo today and noticed he has some black spots to....but they have not been around each other, im worried so any help would be so greatly appreciated Thanks

antibiotics will only help with secondary infections (internal or "wet" pox)
If it is pox then those areas will become nodular and pussy and spread out.
You can treat these areas best by applying iodine

thanks you so much dlh , more i look at it and ive examined him thourghly he has a bald patch on his back, his legs look a little rough like his feathers were plucked, i think he must have been in with another Roo and was beat up but i will treat him with iodine because im sure that can only help....again thanks for your reply

Back
Top Bottom