Need Help With Serama Colors ( LOTS OF PICS)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrszlopez, Jun 18, 2011.

1. mrszlopez

mrszlopez Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    I was wondering exactly what the correct terminology for my girls (&boys) colors are. They are all Seramas.

[​IMG]
    (I know ive got a barred color in there)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mrszlopez

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    anyone ??? am i posting in the right section ?

3. ocseramas

ocseramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    You have some very non-standard colors. The one male looks birchen and one of the hens looks wheaton. Pics aren't taken at an easy angle to make a determination. You have some odd leg colors as well. Are you sure they are purebred and not a mix of Old English?

4. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    they look more OEGB then serama thay have the OEGB stance and some look "big" where did you git them from ???

5. mrszlopez

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    I've never owned them before so i wasnt sure what they were. The man said they were all Seramas. I got all of them for $25 - there are 14 hens & 2 roosters. They lay A LOT of eggs & are extremely broody.
    They came from craigslist.. in my area. How can i tell what they exactly are ? They are pretty skittish also. Cant even barely get near them.

6. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    they look like OEGB/SERAMA mixes but tey are verry pritty and at only 25$ for them all you know they are not true seramas but still a verry good deal for that manny battams that are laying [​IMG]

7. mrszlopez

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    i agree ! definitely a great find for me. and 5 of them are broody ! i thought they would pull out of it after the stress of the move, but theyre still trying to sit [​IMG]

& theyre still in quarantine ..

8. SunValleySeramas

SunValleySeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    ramona, california
    When i first got in to the serama I had a man sell me a hen off craigslist as a pullet, she was sitting in the cage when i went to pick her up and she was sitting when i got her home. I put her in her pen and [​IMG] She was a hen modern game bantam!!! that is a chicken on stilts for those who do not know!!! i guess if it is a small chicken, I was blinded, she is adorable, Moma modern is her name, she is actually a very nice bird, i got her a MGB rooster, and they are happy together. I kinda felt like a goober after reading the serama standard again and then looking at my bird!!

9. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    I was going to ask what happened first off to their poor combs??? Seramas typically have combs. I don't know of them being cut off. Some look a little like a serama mix. But others like other members posted are some game bantams. Those are long legs! [​IMG] I'd have gotten then to for that price! Pretty birds!

10. mrszlopez

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    Quote:Their combs are quite different lol. but i dont believe theyre cut. Just a little mis-shapen. I definitely dont mind the $25 i paid for them esp since i've gotten 5 eggs in the last two days !! there are 14 hens, so if they lay one a day ill have 14 eggs a day [​IMG]

Time to rev the incubator up !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by