Need help with temp. set-up

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Selena, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Selena

Selena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Port Orchard, WA
    Ok so I got my eggs this week instead of next. DH insisted that I get them started tonight. So, I set this up:

[​IMG]

I had an incubator lined up, but didn't have it here and can't get ahold of the lender.

Any advice?

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    if it is holding a steady temperature and humidity it looks like you have things covered. I have heard of some who hatch in fry pans and crockpots.

3. Selena

Selena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Port Orchard, WA
    Quote:[​IMG] wow. Well I wanted to make sure it'd pass muster with you all, and then when my DH has his doubts (I love the man, but he ALWAYS has his doubts when it comes to any of my contraptions. Did I argue the Ghia Planter Box? [​IMG] ) I can tell him that I shared it with you guys and you guys ok'd it.

It's kinda hard to tell about temp, as I only have a temp gun and so it is pin-point. The temp closest to the heat source is higher, but I've turned the eggs a few times. The thermometer I had in there was obviously broken. Humidity is 45, but I can mist.

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I wouldnt mist. Just keep it at 45 for now. The temp should vacilate between approximately 98-102. The eggs should be ideally at 99.5. Do you have something that shuts the temperature off when it gets too hot?

Maybe you could try putting some golf balls in the hen house and see if someone goes broody.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by