1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need help with timer for auto door opener

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Schroeder, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    I bought one of those expensive VSBi auto door openers with timer from a fellow BYC member. She only used it for a couple weeks (I believe her).

I can't seem to get the photo sensor to retract the thread, so I thought I'd try the timer. Well, as you can see from the photo it came to me in pieces. I can't figure out how to reassemble it. Wells Poultry tells me they can't help me with it. Is there someone who could take a photo of the inside of their timer, with the wheel removed so that I might get it to work? Please.
    [​IMG]

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Does wells poultry make it? There should be a manufacturers diagram somewhere? Maybe there's someone else who can help.

3. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
  4. Schroeder

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    Quote:I only see one person on this thread who says they have the timer and I have PM'd him/her. Thanks for the suggestion.

5. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    Please post manufacturer name and model number (Well's site only seems to sell Elekronischer pförtners AXT units).

6. Schroeder

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    Thanks to Poison Ivy, I think I have it fixed. Without BYC and Poison, I would have been out the cost of a new timer.

7. K8tieCat

K8tieCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Northern California
    I have one of those timers! I love it! Originally purchased from Wells, my unit did not operate properly. I found their service to be lacking in helpfulness/willingness to honor any warranty, and less than truthful about the age of a replacement unit I received. My unit which Wells insisted over my protest was "NEW" was deemed totally used and thoroughly eroded from exposure to the elements by the manufacturer, from whom I acquired a replacement.

The timer was used for a couple years and I decided to switch to the photo eye this past Spring. I like it a lot better. Now I don't have to worry about resetting the timer to match daylight hours or wonder if the battery is dead. The whole set up is a godsend, fabulous tool.

My timer came fully assembled and I have no clue as to what's inside of it. All I had to do was hook up the wire, and install the battery.

The manufacturer (AXT Electronic) might be able to help you get the thing back together with a simple email instructions. Talk to Babett or Werner, nice people.

AXT-Electronic
    Am Ofenstein 28
    D-99817 Eisenach, Germany
    Tel.: 0049/3691/721070
    Fax: 0049/3691/721080
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    www.axt-electronic.de

You could also write to Foy's Pigeon Supplies and ask them if they know what's inside the timer: www.foyspigeonsupplies.com. However, I imagine they order their VSBs from Germany as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by