1. mayor doodle do

mayor doodle do New Egg

Oct 17, 2016
    I have 3 out of 4 Americana's that have like a cyst on their right shoulder on the same spot on all three of them its kinda hard, when I touch it doesn't seem to hurt them but I was wondering if I should be concerned since it seems to coincidental 3 out of 4 has the same thing in the same spot also a leghorn stays with them too.

2. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Can you post a picture? Are you sure what you're seeing/feeling isn't a full crop?

3. LoveMySilkers

LoveMySilkers Just Hatched

Oct 17, 2016
    Trinity, AL
    Please HELP.
    Gave my silkie gen a bath yesterday for the first time & now she is not acting like herself. She won't eat her feed or her apples which are her favorite. She has been drinking a lot of water. More than usual. & she is just standing in one spot with her eyes closed. She is the love of my life. PLEASE HELP ME HELP HER.

4. LoveMySilkers

Oct 17, 2016
    Trinity, AL
    [​IMG]

This is a pic of her right now.

5. LoveMySilkers

Oct 17, 2016
    Trinity, AL

6. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    Did she get chilled or tip over in the water? I would bring her in the house and put a light on her to keep her warm. Put some electrolites in her water and continue to try and get her to eat. Good luck I hope she gets better.

7. LoveMySilkers

Oct 17, 2016
    Trinity, AL
    Yes she did tip over in the water. Can she recover from this? What should I feed her? & should I give her pedialite & baby food?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  8. pattyhen

Apr 20, 2007
    I would just keep her warm and hydrated pedalite would be fine. She maybe in shock. Good luck.

9. LoveMySilkers

Oct 17, 2016
    Trinity, AL
    Can I give her ensure? & should I get a medicine dropper to force feed her?

10. pattyhen

Apr 20, 2007
    I wouldn't try the ensure. The medicene dropper you have to be so careful of not getting the liquid in their lungs. I would not force feed or use the medicene dropper. She needs a quiet warm spot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by