1. adamsfamily9909

adamsfamily9909 New Egg

Feb 16, 2017
    Hello! We had one of our hens pass on Tuesday. I'm not sure really what happened because she was fine this weekend. Monday I noticed she had diarrhea, Tuesday she stayed in a nesting box so I brought her inside. She had diarrhea, shaking, hard breathing and could really stand up. Any ideas on what it could have been?

No other chickens are sick we did have another one die about two months ago but she only was unable to stand.

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Tell us, does this chickens weight feel good or is it light----maybe skin and bones?? How about the other one 2 months ago. Chickens can just get sick in what appears to be good health and Die. My biggest problem was with worms----tape worms to be exact----I lost 27 before I got my results back from the state lab telling me the problem. I wormed and all deaths stopped----it took some of them a couple months to get to what looked 100% healed and healthy. Some were not effected but they too got wormed. 27 was a lot but at that time I had about 1000 so it could have been ALOT worse. For most other sickness I Doctored with tylan50----that stuff helped me a lot.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. adamsfamily9909

adamsfamily9909 New Egg

Feb 16, 2017
    Sorry you lost so many. We have 30 and i dont wamt to loose anymore! Weight was great on both of them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by