Need Help!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by IteachKinder, Mar 29, 2019.

1. IteachKinder

IteachKinder In the Brooder

Mar 29, 2019
    Hi, My name is Gena and I've been hatching chickens for 7 years. We do this each year at my current school and this year we're having problems locating fertilized chicken eggs near Los Angeles. Apparently rats ate the eggs that were set aside for our kindergarten class. We're looking for a place we can pick up eggs ASAP.
    We've known about BYC for years and look for advice each year when we worry about our incubator. I have improved each year with my own hatch rate and hate to see them go. I have thought about keeping the chicks and making a coop in the backyard but worried that my two dogs would eat them.
    A little about me - I'm a teacher and my husband is as well. We have 2 boys one in college and the other in high school. My younger one has said that at some point he wants us to get matching chicken tattoos - we'll see if we actually go through with it. If we do I'll post it.
    Would appreciate any help anyone can give.
    Thanks so much and appreciate being part of the community!

2. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
  3. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined us! I hope that you will be able to find the hatching egg's that you need this year for your class.

4. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello, Gena, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    I'm on the other side of the country and I've never hatched any eggs. Sorry, I can't be of any help to you. Good luck though.

5. IteachKinder

Mar 29, 2019
    Thanks!

6. IteachKinder

Mar 29, 2019
  7. Meg-in-MT

Meg-in-MT Crossing the Road

Jan 29, 2018
    SW Montana
    Hello! Welcome to BYC!! :frow

Feel free to check out the links below for some interesting reading. Good luck on your adventures!

8. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    WELCOME! Get some chickens of your own! You need to get some chickens! You know you need to finally get some chickens! Glad you joined. We do..not..consider ourselves enablers...ever. :D

9. fldiver97

fldiver97 Enabler

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    My Coop
    Welcome :welcome Check your state site, someone may be able to help locate fertilized eggs

10. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello Gena and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

rjohns39, fldiver97, N F C and 3 others like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: