Need Help

TheRealWitwiki

Songster
Mar 26, 2019
NE Maryland
My only chick that hatched this year is now 17 weeks old and still will not associate with the rest of the flock. She was raised by her mother and then separated when the mother was ready to go back to the flock. She stays on top of the nesting boxes all day and I have to physically bring her out of the coop to get fresh air. She is terrified of the other chickens. Will this change?

My only chick that hatched this year is now 17 weeks old and still will not associate with the rest of the flock. She was raised by her mother and then separated when the mother was ready to go back to the flock. She stays on top of the nesting boxes all day and I have to physically bring her out of the coop to get fresh air. She is terrified of the other chickens. Will this change?
I have a pullet (3 months) who does exactly that, she basically lived on the roosts to escape the other hens. We’ve had her for 3 weeks and nothing changed, I actually think it got worse in the last week, her whole head was bloody. So we decided to seperate her, finally we had to sell her (after 4 weeks) because it really wasn’t working well, I guess it depends though. It might change, depends on how much the pullet let’s them hit her and how aggressive the other ones are.

Back
Top Bottom