Need help :(

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by aldren90, Jan 6, 2011.

1. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    I am wanting a bird for my birthday I don't know what to get I have all sorts of things already like pheasants quail doves geese ducks doves cockatiels budgies rosy bourkes and I am wanting to get more into exotics like softbills and stuff and bigger parrots but I desperately need help on what to get help me out what should I get no finches no canaries and no small little parakeets cockatiels etc. Want more exotic stuff but I don't know what a good starter exotic would be though I need help [​IMG]

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you have any chickens? [​IMG]

3. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    I've always liked Carolina parakeets but can't seem to find them anymore. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    DT

4. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    I have tons of chickens and I don't even know what those are interesting

5. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    Dr. Todd :

I've always liked Carolina parakeets but can't seem to find them anymore. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    DT

They are extinct now [​IMG]

6. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    i don't know anything about exotic birds, but good luck with your search [​IMG]

7. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Get what YOU want,exotic or not. Learn all you can first about the birds and more important than all who ever you buy the birds from ask the person every thing you can about them and what is the HARDEST part of keeping them healthy and breeding requirements. [​IMG]

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

First, decide how much space you would have available for that animal and what funding you have for it.( No sense falling in love with a bird that cost $1000 when you only have $200 to spend or a 5ft x 2 ft pen when it needs more space.... like a peacock.) Then look into birds you enjoy and can afford, that you can easily keep in that space. Then make up a pro & con list on getting each type of bird that fits into your criteria and decide from there....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by